xsl-list

[xsl] Length of a literal string containing embedded tags

2007-08-01 05:14:07
Hi,

Could anyone tell me how I can calculate the length of a string containing
inline elements?

E.g.

With a context node like this:

<text>this is some text<SUP>3</SUP>some more</text>

"string-length(.)" should return 43, but it returns less than that.

My assumption is that the embedded tags are being treated as proper nodes
rather than literal text.

Any idea how I can make sure that each character of the embedded tags counts
as a character when calculating the length of the overall string?

E.g.   <SUP> would count as 5 characters

Thanks

D.