xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Format Number and Empy Elements

2007-08-07 05:22:55

You guys helped me out with avoiding empty elements when summing

      Sum(my_node[text()])

Works fantastically, but I'm still plagued by 'NaN' in my output.
This time it's caused by:

      format-number(discount, '$#,.00')

If I have <discount/> in my XML I want to display $0.00 in the
output; however, when discount is an empty element, I get NaN

as an alternative you can consider using the same method as for your
original sum(). A sum of a sequence of zero elements is zero and the
sum of one element is the element content itself. This way sum()
works for you as a NaN-killer. Looks like this:

format-number(sum(discount[.]), '$#,.00')

Or, possibly better, depending on how good/bad your input data is
(consider your first sum() code too): sum(discount[number(.)])

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma