xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Re: sum() over attributes is 0

2007-08-22 13:11:38
At 2007-08-22 10:21 -0700, Andreas Kemkes wrote:
I'm only subscribed to the digest, so I'm responding to my own message and hope it will end in the same thread.

Ken:

I'm using Java1.4.2 and according to the release notes that entails "... xalan-j 2.4.1+ (Xalan version 2.4.1 with controlled
bug fixes)."

<xsl:comment>
  <xsl:text>count: </xsl:text>
  <xsl:value-of select="count(//lc:container[lc:item]/@select)"/>
</xsl:comment>

<!--count: 0-->

but both count(lc:container[lc:item]/@select) and count(.//lc:container[lc:item]/@select) work.

What would be the issue with using count(//lc:container[lc:item]/@select)?

The issue would be that the processor has a bug. I can think of no other explanation.

Saxon is a free download and I have successfully used Saxon in production work where Xalan has let me down (particularly in stylesheets with a dozen levels of import, though the problems show up with just two levels of import). I suggest you download Saxon, even if you cannot use it in your own production work, and confirm that your use of XSLT provides correct results with a functioning processor. You can then send your test data to the Xalan project for consideration in their bug fixes.

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming public training: XSLT/XSL-FO Sep 10, UBL/code lists Oct 1
G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com