xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Print parent text

2007-08-23 09:46:29
Awesome!  Learn something new every day.  Thanks for the help, I give it
a shot and see where it gets me. If I get stuck again, I'm sure you'll
be hearing from me again.

Thanks again,
Luke

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 17:41 +0100, AAS Contractor wrote:
Oh, I think I also noticed an error with this suggestion (granted I have
not tested this, just an observation).  However, since the emphasis
nodes are in fact children to the para nodes, wouldn't a
xsl:apply-templates print out not only the parent text but the child
nodes as well.  Therefore, would this not result in a duplicate printing
of the emphasis text (one with the bold text and one without?)

Absolutely not!! In the "push" model which is exemplifed by
<apply-templates> the system is basically saying "Oi, you templates out
there waiting to match! Here are a bunch of my child nodes, see if any of
you can match any of them and, if you can, do your stuff on them."

So the <emphasis> nodes will be handled by any template matching
<emphasis>, and the text nodes will be handled by any matching text node
handler (if defined) or will have the default action applied (copy string
value to the output).

This email (and attachments) are confidential and intended for the
addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the
sender, delete any copies and do not take action in reliance on it. Any views
expressed are the author's and do not represent those of IOP, except where
specifically stated. IOP takes reasonable precautions to protect against
viruses but accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from virus
infection. For the protection of IOP's systems and staff emails are scanned
automatically.

IOP Publishing Limited Registered in England under Registration No 467514.
Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England
Vat No GB 461 6000 84.