xsl-list

[xsl] recto/verso vs odd/even

2007-08-24 06:12:25
Hi,

I'm trying to format a book using XSL-FO in which recto and verso pages have different layouts. Basically mirror layouts with larger inside margins for binding. The problem is that my page-sequence's have initial-page-number=1 and force-page-count="no-force", we don't want blank pages. In other words, whether a page is odd or even has nothing to do with whether it is a front page or a back page in the book. The book contains many small sections starting at page 1 but that can be a front or back page. Naturally I'm mapping the sections to page-sequences. However the conditional-page-master-reference has only tests for odd-or-even based on the page number of the page-sequence. I haven't found anything for recto/verso (front/back).

Any way to achieve this with XSL-FO?

Thanks,

Carlos