xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Newbie Q - transformation

2007-08-27 05:33:20
thanks for all the replies. The sample solution does somewhat I wanted
but I think I need to read up more on xslt for my overall solution.

Thanks,
John

On 8/26/07, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:
how can I transform this:

<a/>
<plus/>
<b/>

to this:
<plus>
<a/>
<b/>
</plus>

To give you a sensible answer, one has to extrapolate from this example to
ask what other possible inputs you might encounter and how you would want to
handle them. For example, would you want to transform

into

If that's the case, then your problem is basically equivalent to that of
writing a recursive descent parser.

So I think we need a more complete spec of the problem.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

--~--