xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XPath references using exsl:node-set() stop working when default name-space defined.

2007-08-28 01:47:51
  Hi

  You can bind the same namespace URI as the default namespace to an
explicit prefix, and use this prefix within your XPath expression.  To
be even clearer you can use an internal namespace if appropriate:

    <xsl:stylesheet ... xmlns:impl=".../this.xsl">

      [...]

      <xsl:variable name="args">
        <impl:local-pub-id>
          <xsl:value-of select="@pub-id"/>
        </impl:local-pub-id>
        <impl:local-doc-type>
          <xsl:value-of select="@type"/>
        </impl:local-doc-type>
        <impl:element-num>
          <xsl:value-of select="@element"/>
        </impl:element-num>
      </xsl:variable>

      <xsl:value-of select="
          exsl:node-set($args)/impl:local-pub-id"/>

  Regards,

--drkm

--- Matt Poff <matt(_dot_)poff(_at_)headfirst(_dot_)co(_dot_)nz> a écrit :

Previously working references to nodes stored inside a variable and
referenced using the exsl:node-set() function are no longer working
properly since I defined a default name-space for my document.

I'm using XSLT 1.0 and the syntax is as below:

   <xsl:template name="document" match="document">

        <xsl:variable name="args">
            <local-pub-id><xsl:value-of select="./@pub-id"
/></local-pub-id>
            <local-doc-type><xsl:value-of select="./@type"
/></local-doc-type>
            <element-num><xsl:value-of select="./@element"
/></element-num>
        </xsl:variable>

        <xsl:value-of select="exsl:node-set($args)/local-pub-id" />
   </xsl:template>

It works fine when I take out the default name-space declaration but
need to keep that in. I *can* reference the nodes in the variable
using
the form:

    <xsl:value-of select="exsl:node-set($args)[1]" />

But this is also less than desirable. Do I need to put namespace
declarations in the variable node or similar? Using the libxml2
processor.

Hope you can help,

Matt

--~--