xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Retrieving info between two tags.

2007-08-30 12:26:37
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com wrote:

P.S.

I realize you are new here,

not *that* new though: the OP's first post was on July 4th 2007, and since then, he/she has posted 6 questions....

so before someone else gives you a sterner lecture, let me draw your attention to some vocabulary
issues. There was a very funny "dictionary" posted to this list some months back. I can't
find the link, but the idea was that "tag" was used for so many, unrelated ideas, that
the term has become confusing.

This (<step1>) is a tag. This is another tag (</step1>). Both tags together, along with all the
tags and text in between are properly called an "element". So when you want to talk about elements,
it's best to avoid the term "tag".

...but many people have trouble knowing tags from elements from contents from nodes and often that trouble stays a while, we're all just too used to HTML tags, I think, so the more it's mentioned the better it is ;)

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma