xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Creating HTML and XHTML with one stylesheet with namespace-alias

2007-09-03 02:48:54
Michael Kay wrote:
Is is allowed for namespace-alias to map the null namespace
in XSLT 1.0?
basically, the 1.0 spec is silent on the point.

I was afraid of that.  "Silent" means "implementation-dependent", so I
suppose that Xalan's NullPointerException is, perversely, to spec.

Thanks for confirming that I probably need to move to XSLT 2.0 to get
guaranteed behaviour.