xsl-list

[xsl] Opera 9.5 and document() function

2007-09-04 03:59:53
via http://snapshot.opera.com/mac/m950a1.html (as well as all of the other platform changelogs),

Fixed numerous inconsistencies and specification violations in the SVG, DOM, WML, Web Forms 2.0, XPath, and XSLT implementations

"XSLT document() function will no longer cause an XSLT processing error if it is not called"

Okay, so I'm not sure that sentence makes any sense, so I've dug a little deeper.

@ irc://irc.opera.com/weekly

---
04:34 xmlhacker Hey All: Firstly, congratulations on getting Kestrel alpha out the door! Secondly, as part of the changelogs "XSLT document() function will no longer cause an XSLT processing error if it is not called" which, technically speaking I suppose, is true. If you don't use document() function it won't throw an error. However if you do, it still does. I'm running on Mac/Tiger > Simple oversight for an early alpha release?

04:40 olli xmlhacker: i asked one of da geeks here and he said: I believe it doesn't throw an error when it's not used. IT does throw an error when invoked 04:41 olli this means that if you test first if it's supported and then use it if that's true it no longer causes an error where it previously did

04:43 xmlhacker olli: got it. Thanks for the insight! So can someone @Opera clarify one way or another if document() function support will make it into Kestrel?

04:45   olli            xmlhacker: maybe
---

And there ya have it folks. Of course there are those who will write off Opera as being a completely useless browser for client-side XSLT processing. But anyone who knows me knows one very important "quality": I don't give up.

I'll report back once the battle has been won. (lets hope that report comes sometime before the end of this decade ;-)

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 | http://dev.aol.com/blog/3155