xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Re: "Non-whitespace text is not allowed in this position in the stylesheet!" error

2007-09-12 06:32:14
Examples of places where non-whitespace text is not allowed include:

* as a child of xsl:stylesheet (between two top-level elements)

* as a child of xsl:choose

* as a child of xsl:apply-templates

* before the first xsl:sort within an xsl:for-each

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Peters [mailto:flickrmeister(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 12 September 2007 14:05
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Re: "Non-whitespace text is not allowed in
this position in the stylesheet!" error

Hi Everyone,

What does the "Non-whitespace text is not allowed in this
position in the stylesheet!" error mean? I've poked around in
the archives for this newsgroup and online in general, but
haven't found an explanation for the error, or examples
thereof. I'd be happy to provide my stylesheet, but if I
understand what could cause the error, maybe I could find the
issue myself. The stylesheet validates without any warnings.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Peters
Senior Technical Writer