xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Repetitive variable definitions

2007-09-14 11:30:24
In Charles example he assumed that the root of your input document is the table element. Maybe you have another root?

to find out whether or not it is somewhere in your doc and you just made a typo, use the descendants-or-self syntax: (//td)[last()]/@col

it is considered bad coding style, so when you find out that the above statement returns something, you should unwind the path again. If you may have td elements on last position that do not have an @col attribute, you can remove them from the selection path with: (//td)[(_at_)col][last()]/@col

If you want to know whether or not the node is selected but perhaps contains something not visible, use count(....) around the whole thing. If you get "1" then the @col is empty or contains spaces, otherwise, the select statement still has a path mismatch.

hth,
-- Abel Braaksma

Whitney, Dan (CanWest Interactive) wrote:
Charles,
Thanks for the fast response, however the noofcols variable is always
empty.

Dan

Daniel Whitney
  CanWest Interactive, a division of CanWest MediaWorks Publications
Inc.
  1450 Don Mills Rd
  Don Mills ON M3B 2X7
  Tel: (416) 442-2957