xsl-list

Re: [xsl] normalize-space and sequence

2007-09-26 10:02:22
On 26/09/2007, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:
I think I may have been using copy-of to start with, then
switched to value-of but by that time had altered the schema...

Copy-of will copy the text nodes rather than the typed value of the element.

That explains it.  It's good to know it's possible, and how to get there.

The data model actually allows systems to reconstruct the text nodes from
the typed value, but I don't think it's a good idea and Saxon doesn't do it.

I think any alteration of the data through validation is a Very Bad
Thing, so I would never use it or rely on it.

So.... validation can add things (default values) and take them away
(typed as xs:token).  Any others?

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com