xsl-list

[xsl] RE: visual XSL

2007-09-27 08:30:18
Well, I read latest post about future of XSL stylesheet programming
and got curious what tools were created for visual editing. I search
through mail archive of xsl-list and ran into post below.

As it seems to me that is pretty harsh task to create a visual editor
for XSL stylesheets (comparative to Visual Studio one for ASP.NET). I
think there are too much peculiarities and differences between
translators, specifications and formatting engines.

But there could be effective tools for some specific tasks. I
downloaded the announced RenderX VisualXSL application and I think it
is a kind of it. Pretty simple and I think rather useful tool for
creating form-liked documents. I hope they will improve it to make
XPath editing more comfortable.

Ivan Petrov
To: "'xsl-list at mulberrytech dot com'" <xsl-list at mulberrytech dot com>
Subject: visual XSL
From: "Narahari, Sateesh" <Sateesh_Narahari at jdedwards dot com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 13:11:45 -0700

Does anyone aware of a tool that can generate an XSL visually. Lets say we
take a sample XML file and do drag and drop, sort, etc and an XSL file will
be generated to match these operations.

Wouldn't it be simpler if we have a tool that can hide the complexities of
XSL syntax for an average user?.

Sateesh