xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Using the Input Document to Control Generation of Numbers in the Output

2007-10-02 07:21:02

Thank you both.

Trying out your solutions the one provided by George gives the correct
result but Michael's doesn't, however I think that's actually just a
trivial error because he's written it out untested from previous
experience of similar problems.

However - I don't think George's method will extend easily to the other
problem (forcing the index), whereas Michael's will.

Also what I didn't put on my initial posting is that I will need to have
both algorithms present as my input data will include both overriding
index numbers and sizes.

Since I wrote the above I've received George's solution for problem 3,
which I don't yet understand.  I still suspect the recursive approach
will more easily allow me to produce a combined solution for both
situations.

Appreciatively,
Richard.