xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XML/XSLT for web templating

2007-10-10 16:31:42
Hi Kamal,

we have been using XSLT for some advanced web templating for at least
several years now.
It is the primary templating system in our home-grown web app.
framework. See http://www.xml.lt/Resources/Framework if you want some
details.

Martynas Jusevicius
www.xml.lt

On 10/9/07, Kamal Bhatt <kbhatt(_at_)tt(_dot_)com(_dot_)au> wrote:
Steve wrote:
Uselessly personal, anecdotal tangent:

XSL has forced me, more than any other language, to behave as a
programmer. I would (and could) have lived my life without ever having
to write a Recursive function. Having done so, I've never programmed
anything the same since.

I don't know if it made me program better elsewhere, but it does make
you think about data more seriously. You start recognising when data
(XML) is poorly structured.

I did a subject in Uni about ray tracing so I had my fair share of
recursive functions, and let me tell you, if you have problems with
recursive functions in XSLT, it is no barrel of laughs in C++ (with
pointers, ugh).

--
Kamal Bhatt

--~--