xsl-list

RE: [xsl] More addition questions: Using node-set()

2007-10-11 07:25:29
Hi,

I used node-set in conjunction with some exslt functions (math:max etc.)
to get this done. I have a question however about how node-set() works.
E.g., if I get a result fragment tree(by doing something like //a
meaning get all the elements that are needed), convert it to a
node-set() and then use it, and I do this 2-3 times for different
problem sets in say the same template, isn't there a lot of redunancy
going on?

Is there like a design pattern for doing multi-pass (I hope this is what
is called a multi-pass) transformations?

Harsh.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 4:18 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] More addition questions

I am using Xalan and XSLT 1.0 for the following

since xalan supports exslt:node-set I'd use that which will allow you to
use sum() on the numbers you have already generated.

<top>
<xsl:variable name="x">
what you have..
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:copy-of select="$x"/>
<sumOfAGroup>
 <xsl:for-each
select="exslt:node-set($x)/top/sumsForEachElementByKeyMultipliedByPositi
on">
  <sum><xsl:value-of select="sum(element)"/></sum>
</sumOfAGroup>
</xsl:for-each>
</top>

David