xsl-list

Re: [xsl]Problem with Position()?

2007-10-13 16:10:22

Is this strictly true Michael? I've had some success assigning input to keys for later use.

With respect,
Steven

--
Dr. Steven Ericsson-Zenith
Institute for Advanced Science & Engineering
http://iase.info
http://senses.info

On Oct 13, 2007, at 2:30 PM, Michael Kay wrote:

You need to organize your code according to the structure of the output you want to produce, not according to the structure of the input (that's why it's called a "template"). In this case, this means producing the attributes
of a node before its children. In other cases, it means producing the
children in the right order. If this means you have to process some input
twice (perhaps in different modes), then that's what you have to do.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Alice Ju-Hsuan Wei [mailto:ajwei(_at_)indiana(_dot_)edu]
Sent: 13 October 2007 22:16
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl]Problem with Position()?

Dear Michael and all:

   Thanks, and when I "commented" out that line, it works.
But, how am supposed to generate something like <p
class="(some attribute"> followed by the text to format the
content if I cannot use <xsl:call-template> here? The
template portion is at the bottom.

Thanks again.

Alice

<xsl:template match="collection">
               <xsl:apply-templates select="id(@recorder)"/>

<xsl:template match="book">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="./@author"/>,
  <i><xsl:apply-templates select="./@title"/></i>.
   (<xsl:apply-templates select="./@topic"/>)
   [  <xsl:apply-templates/>]
  </xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="p">
       <xsl:choose>

           <xsl:when test="count(preceding-sibling::p) != 1">

               <xsl:call-template name="rend"/>
               <xsl:apply-templates/>

           </xsl:when>
           <xsl:otherwise>

                   <xsl:call-template name="rend"/>
                   <xsl:apply-templates/>

           </xsl:otherwise>
       </xsl:choose>
   </xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="rend">
        <xsl:attribute name="class">
            <xsl:value-of select="./@rend"/>
        </xsl:attribute>
    </xsl:template>

Quoting Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>:

   I have commented everything in my document except for these
sections,

That can't be true. At the very least there must be a named
template
called "rend", or it wouldn't run at all. I think Ken is almost
certainly right, that it's your processing of the @topic
attribute that's at fault.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/