xsl-list

Re: [xsl] where is an exhaustive reference for xslt?

2007-10-19 17:04:24

It's an unqualified attribute in this case, yes. Since the parent
element is in the xsl: namespace, an unqualified attribute ends up in
that namespace as well.

Unprefixed attributes are always in no-namespace, they do nt inherit the
namespace of their parent (or the default namespace).

I seem to remember that my stylesheets break if I prefix the version
attribute in the <xsl:stylesheet> element. However, if you need to put a
xd:version attribute in the top element for other reasons, you'd need to
prefix that one.

XSL stylesheets that have a top level element of stylesheet or transform
in the namespace http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform must have a
version attribute (no prefix). Conversely stylesheets using the "literal
result element as stylesheet" syntax must have a (prefixed) attribute in
the namespace http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform with local name
version.

David