xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Re: XSL to ODF/OOXML

2007-10-26 03:50:45
David,

That's interesting because when we first started working with XML > HTML we
adopted the <br /> approach, which has served us well.

This was a LONG time ago and probably MSXML2 with IE3 or IE4.

Regarding non conformant code generally, I suspect that most developers use
"non-conformant" code by necessity given the parlous state of compliance we
have to work with.

Possibly it's a case of: if the only lump of metal available as the time is
a monkey wrench then you can be excused for using it to beat nails in with.
Or even (horror) a chisel as a screwdriver ;)

However it is always useful to know when what one is doing is a potential
future failure so thanks for the "heads up".

William Charlton
The yMonda team
yMonda Limited
w: www.ymonda.net