xsl-list

[xsl] XSLT 2.0/FXSL Six Degrees of Separation Semantic Web Challenge

2007-11-04 20:42:22
As per the bottom of http://www.oreillynet.com/xml/blog/2007/11/dimitre_novatchevfxsl_closing.html which builds off of Dimitre Novatchev's recent post to his own blog regarding the addition of support for transitive closures in FXSL,

"... doesn’t this seem to be exactly the type of functionality perfectly suited for locating relationships between documents on the Semantic Web? For example, given a set of URI’s and a maximum depth, return a node-set which contains all documents that link back to a specific URI within the range specified by the maximum depth. A Six Degrees of Separation app written in XSLT 2.0 and FXSL would seem to me to be the perfect candidate to highlight this capability. Of course you would need to know who owned the URI of the current document being parsed to make the proper connections. But it seems to me that this problem could at least be partially solved using the Atom feeds of a given set of blogs as the base set.

        "Anybody up for the challenge? :D"

Anybody?

--
/M:D