xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Single output from many inputs

2007-11-13 07:30:10
Hi,

If you are working under the thumb of Windows, I suggest you look at LogParser.

It is a powerful, flexible, fast Microsoft utility (yes!) that can, among other
things, 'query' your file system and output to XML.

Brad

-----Original Message-----
From: David Sinclair [mailto:dsinclair(_at_)teleflex(_dot_)com]
Sent: November 13, 2007 6:59 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Single output from many inputs

I have an ant build file and one of the tasks we need to do is to collect all
the elements that have a certain attribute across many files in our code base
into one xml file.

Does anyone here know of a way to use XSLT to do this?  I had thought to use
the xslt ant task to run on all files with a certain extension and collect all
the values but I cant find a way to collect the results of each transform into
the same file.

        <xslt basedir="${sourcedir}" destdir="${targetdir}"
            style="extract-shared-instances.xsl" includes="**/*.xhtml"
            extension=".xhtml" force="true"/>

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me,

Dave