xsl-list

[xsl] count(preceding-sibling ) not working

2007-12-03 05:03:40
Folks

I suspect this is a novice question, so please accept my apologies in advance..

I have a for-each loop like this:

<xsl:for-each
select="expensys:Lines/expensys:Line/expensys:Accruals/expensys:Accrual">

<txn:PSIBS>
  <xsl:number value="count(preceding-sibling::*)"/>
</txn:PSIBS>

<!-- More code here -->

</xsl:for-each>

The for-each selects a number of nodes, typically 5 - 7, but the value oout in
<PSIBS> is usually 0.

I know could use "position()", but after I solve this problem I need to apply a filter to the PSIBS value.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks - Adam