xsl-list

[xsl] no closing tag on embed with if, attribute,

2007-12-03 11:34:04
Hi folks, I've got the following in my XSL:

<xsl:if test="answer/wording/@audio">
   <embed xsl:use-attribute-sets="set_mp3">
      <xsl:attribute name="src">
         <xsl:value-of select="answer/wording/@audio"
disable-output-escaping="yes" />
      </xsl:attribute>
   </embed>
</xsl:if>

Two problems: first, while the same HTML markup for embed loads the
audio file fine, when put into XSL it doesn't load--the page on load
show the Quicktime logo as it loads, but the controller and the audio
file do not show.

Also, if I look at the HTML that is generated by the XSL, though the
embed opening tag is created as requested with the appropriate
attribute, the embed element generated does not close. That is, there is
neither a closing tag nor self-termination:

<embed src="fc14-04/audio/08100.mp3" autoplay="false" type="audio/mpeg"
height="16" width="70" controller="true">

Am I not doing something correctly here?

Jared Stein

   Director of Instructional Design Services
   Utah Valley State College, MS 149

Teaching w/ Technology Idea Exchange 2008: The Open Conference
   Submit your presentation proposal now! http://www.ttix.org