xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Schema problem: different element types with the same name

2007-12-06 07:21:08
Don't bother to answer. Michael Kay just sent me the solution:

I'm afraid you're off topic for the list, so Tommie will come down
like a ton of bricks if I reply on-list.

The answer is that you can't do this with Schema 1.0. You could do it
using the Schema 1.1 facility of assertions (available in Saxon 9.0);
or you could transform to something that can be validated; or you
could validate using a different technology such as Schematron (or raw
XSLT).

Michael Kay