xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Escaped characters being duplicated

2007-12-11 16:21:12

Given all this background, my plea to this list is simple: What sort of
conditions cause an XSL transformation to duplicate an escaped
character?

It would be pretty hard to duplicate these characters in xslt, all the
escaping is resolved by the xml parser before xslt sees it so xslt does
not see these characters as special in any way. so in xslt to duplicate
a < you'd have to do the same as you'd do to duplicate an a, some
combination of substring...

It's most likely a problem in inut or output (are you passing serialised
xml documents between the applications or in memory trees of some sort?
If a document gets passed through an XML serialisation stage twice then
XMl characters such as < may get quioted twice (but then I;d expect
&amp;lt; rather than &lt;&lt;.

David