xsl-list

Re: [xsl] String hashing code

2007-12-15 14:18:36
Abel Braaksma wrote:
       <xsl:variable name="filename"
select="doc('http://www.famkruithof.net/uuid/uuidgen')/html/body/table/tr/td/h3[1]"
/>

What's especially clever about that is that it covers exactly the space
that generate-id() doesn't.  If all my source documents are processed by
one XSLT processor instance, then $filename can repeat but generate-id()
is unique.  If each document is done by its own processor instance, then
generate-id() can repeat but $filename is unique.

My build may not have the luxury of using network services, even to
localhost, but I can certainly recognize the beauty of the solution.