xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Identity transformation for XSLT 2.0

2007-12-17 01:10:58
On 12/17/07, Colin Paul Adams wrote:
It uses saxon:parse() and saxon:serialize(), and so is Saxon-specific - not
XSLT 2.0.

Otherwise, a nice try.

As I say in the tutorial, we can do without saxon:parse() and
saxon:serialize(), using temporary files instead and reload them with
collection() and unparsed-text().

I have that solution working too except that I have not managed yet to
make it work if input is not UNICODE.

But since the "files" solution also only works in SAXON, AltovaXML not
allowing unparsed-text() to read files saved by the same stylesheet, I
prefer using saxon:parse() and saxon:serialize().

Using saxon:parse() and saxon:serialize() gives us a much more elegant
solution, and much more user-friendly with no need for temporary files
and getting URLs right, etc.

Originally I had both solutions in the same stylesheet but to make it
easier to understand I dropped the "files" solution.

Cheers,
Jesper Tverskov