xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XPath predicate in with-param's select

2007-12-17 08:14:42
On Dec 17, 2007 3:48 PM, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:
I also tried SaxonB for Java, but I don't get the current
version of my stylesheet (without the predicate) to run on my
XML document. It fails with an OutOfMemoryError, also when
upping the VM's maximum by -Xmx512000000.

I can't really follow the logic of what you are doing, but it's failed
creating temporary trees that don't need to be created. Using XSLT 2.0
constructs (sequences and functions rather than trees and templates) is a
lot more efficient for this kind of thing. This would also allow you to
declare the types of your parameters and results which would make the code
much easier to understand.

I haven't used XSLT 2.0 and am new to 1.0 as you might guess. But if
it is worth the time, I will glady try to rewrite the functionality in
XSLT 2.0.

I'm confused as to why you're passing a $node parameter to the template
part_a when the parameter isn't used by that template...

Well, the current "helping function" is not what I want to do
ultimately. It is merely a counter at the moment, but I'd like to
mimic the behavior of a fold more closely and use a node for the
computation in the helper function. I tried to write this step by
step, and the last one was to add the passing of the node. Does it
make more sense this way? Sorry if it is confusing.

Saxon processes the current stylesheet (with the node passing) in
about 8 seconds (9.5s) if I up the maximum memory again. (Output at
the end: Memory used: 629056248) But I'm not so sure why it'd use so
much memory, the input XML document has about 48mb.

~felix

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

--~--