xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Removing duplicates where duplicates are determined by the concatenation of two elements

2007-12-18 07:15:26
geirr(_dot_)prestholdt(_at_)kongsberg(_dot_)com wrote:
Hi, consider the following problem:

-i have this sorted list of names
-I want to remove duplicates shown as the concatination of <surname> and
<first_name>

My question is:
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my XSLT(se below)?
I hope you can help me.
The subject of removing duplicates have been discussed before, but I have not
found issues around the combination of duplicates and concatination.
I am using XMLSpy 2007 rel3.

A simple stylesheet removing the duplicates is

<xsl:stylesheet
  version="2.0">

  <xsl:template match="persons">
    <xsl:copy>
      <xsl:copy-of select="person[not(. = preceding-sibling::person)]"/>
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

--