xsl-list

[xsl] Poor man's test suite

2007-12-19 01:52:05
Hi list

Normally a stylesheet don't need that much testing, the input is
known. But when trying to make a stylesheet like my "Identity
transformation for XSLT 2.0", the stylesheet must be able to handle
any well-formed input no matter how weird.

I am not used to that kind of heavy testing. What do we have of
"official" collections of all sorts of XML documents for testing
purposes and how can we be sure that they really cover all the
weirdness like XML declarations looking like the following:

<?xml
version
=
"1.0"
?>

or markup inside CDATA sections in elements in comments inside PIs, etc?

Do we have any tutorials about where we most often have the problems,
what to look for and be beware off et cetera? Even a checklist or 10
rules of thumb could be of great help?

Cheers,
Jesper Tverskov