xsl-list

Re: [xsl] workaround for XSLT 1.0 result tree fragment usage?

2007-12-19 10:40:09
Wendell,

Thanks for pointing this out. We'll probably stick
with the extension function, but nice to know about
this possibility.

Don
--- Wendell Piez <wapiez(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> wrote:

Don,

In addition to using an extension function to cast
the result tree
fragment into a node set, another solution is also
sometimes
possible, since while RTFs can't be interrogated as
node-sets, they
can be processed as strings.

So if you built your variable like this:

<active>true</active>
<active>true</active>
<active>false</active>

you could simply test
"not(contains($confirm_active_program,'true'))"
and that would work.

Of course this doesn't scale to more complex
situations, but it's
good enough for many simple ones.

Cheers,
Wendell