xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Help to construct a loop

2007-12-30 16:29:40
I know doXslTransform and because of that I tried to
ask in this XSL list.
I changed my idea and will use however doXslTransform
but there are some obstacle to use it in my bpel
process..

I am agreeing with you that it is rather an xPath and
xQuery issue than the XSL.
I mixed both together!
Thank you

--- Abel Braaksma <abel(_dot_)online(_at_)xs4all(_dot_)nl> schrieb:

Hi Henry,

Yes, it does make things clearer. I'm afraid I can't
help you with BPEL
as it has little to do with XSLT; it's a
misunderstanding to think that
instructions, because they
are not. The confusion may come from the fact that
BPEL relies quite
heavily on XPath 1.0.

However, BPEL (I assume you mean WS-BPEL, mentioned
here:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/wsbpel-v2.0.html)
has a method
called doXslTransform which could, in a way, be used
to do what you
want. But I'm not certain if something like that is
necessary (you don't
wanna smash a mosquito with a sledgehammer do you?).

It's a pity there's no general public BPEL list
(there are a couple for
the specs and some implementations). So I'm afraid
you'll have to get
your info from the primer or the specs itself.

Sorry that I can't be of any more help,

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma

henry human wrote:
Actually this is a bpel (business process
execution
language) process which I am working on.
Bpel itself is xml based and allows using xsl
functions. For e. in the bpel specification 2.0
there
is possible to build loops with for-each, while
etc.

In my case my bpel process becomes this string
from a
web service and I will to handle this string
within
the bpel process f.i. in a while loop.
As I mentioned in the sample the string which the
bpel
process becomes from the web service has a colon
which
I think enables to inspect the string based on the
token and build the substrings.

Unfortunately there is no a specific list or forum
for
the bpel language specified issues.

???????????
  <while name="lookForSubstrings">

<!?this is what I dont know, how to build the
condition in xsl for a loop -->
            <condition>
substring-before($myString,
':') </condition>

            <sequence name="sequence2">
                <if name="extractSubstrings">

                    <assign
name="SendOutputToClient"

                    </assign>
                    <else>
                        <assign
name="displayElse">

I hope it makes the problem clearer!
henry

--~--

      Jetzt Mails schnell in einem Vorschaufenster überfliegen. Dies und viel
mehr bietet das neue Yahoo! Mail - www.yahoo.de/mail