xsl-list

Re: [xsl] saxon:try()

2008-01-04 10:40:37
Michael Kay wrote:

There was a proposal developed by Mary Fernandez which I
thought would work quite well.

  Ah yes, I remember having seen something similar in
XQueryP.  At the XQuery expression level, something like:

    try
      try-expr
    catch ( ... )
      catch-expr-1
    catch ( ... )
      catch-expr-2

  That's another approach.  On the one hand, because we are
at the expression level, that avoids the discussion on the
context (be an error in or out scope of the try).  On the
other hand, that would make some XSLT constructs untestable
within a try.

partly because at that stage of development there was
reluctance to add anything that wasn't explicitly on the
requirements list because timescales were already running
so late, and partly because we didn't want to be
wrong-footed by anything that came out of joint work
later.

  That seems wise enough (more than ten years should have
been really long...)

  Thanks for those contextual explanations.

  Regards,

--drkm