xsl-list

Re: [xsl] xml to xml mapping - how to combine two groups

2008-01-08 08:25:08
On 08/01/2008, Andy(_dot_)Lewis(_at_)emerson(_dot_)com
<Andy(_dot_)Lewis(_at_)emerson(_dot_)com> wrote:
I'm not sure how to add to a thread so I'm listing my original question
to be sure. I've added a note at the bottom.

Just reply to an email in the thread...

I'm receiving XML data with two different groups of elements. Let's call
them GROUP-A and GROUP-B.

I need to merge the two into single groups of elements. I may have more
of one group than the other.

Uppercase markup is horrible....

Anyway, one way to do what you're after is to find the maximum number
of children in group A or group B, then process each child of each
group from 1 to the maximum.  Where a child doesn't exist at a given
position, nothing will be output.

How you go about it depends on which version of XSLT you're using...

cheers
--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com