xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Filtering a node-set

2008-01-09 05:04:28
-----Original Message-----
From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: 09 January 2008 11:23
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Filtering a node-set

I can't see a way of eliminating the use of the $top, $bottom, $left
and $right variables.  Is it possible?

possibly not, if there were just one, say right you could do something
like

select="$elements[$elements[(@lon+180) < @lon + 180 + $boxSize]]

This is the crux of the problem.  The first occurrence of @lon refers to the
inner $elements, whereas the second occurrence of @lon needs to refer to the
outer $elements.  So even with just one it still doesn't seem possible.

but I don't think you can handle multiple attribute comparisons without
introducing variables anywhere.

is node-set() really not availabe to you? there arever few processors
where it is not supported.

I need it to run with at least Xalan, Xmlstarlet, Firefox and IE.  Do all of
these implement the node-set() extension?

Regards
George