xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Announcement: Dexter - XSL Transform Generation Tool

2008-01-16 14:31:15
Hi,

I went to your google page. I hope you understand that my comments are meant to
be constructive and supportive.

I read a lot of your description of Dexter and I simply don't have a clue about
what it does. Maybe that's because I don't have a clue in general; I am just a
'semi-programmer' learning as I go and on my own. Still, nowhere do you explain
what someone can get from your product and there are no examples. It is all
very intriguing and hints at very interesting things, but I just don't get it.
I certainly don't want to 'dis' someone for putting  a lot of effort into
something for this community. I think there are a lot of us amateurs reading
this list so, for us, can you step back from your work and try to describe it
from an amateur's point of view?

Also, at the risk of being labelled a snob, I need to tell you that most places
where you put "it's" (= "it is"), you should put "its". I'm not a snob; I'm a
technical writer. That's another reason I have difficulty with your
descriptions.

Brad