xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Announcement: Dexter - XSL Transform Generation Tool

2008-01-17 11:37:29
On Jan 17, 2008 11:21 AM, Wendell Piez <wapiez(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
wrote:
At 12:22 AM 1/17/2008, Alessandro wrote:
I do agree with Abel that you should try to put the "hints" attributes
in a separate namespace, it really helps the page designer if the code
is not highlited with errors everywhere, and most editors are ok with
extra sttributes as long as they are not in the xhtml namespace.

Not only that, but if the utility really can be used to create
stylesheets with arbitrary XML results, the target format might well
have attributes named the same as the "hints" attributes. The whole
idea of namespaces, and the reason they're useful despite all their
complications, is that they serve to resolve clashes like this.

No argument on that point.  As I mentioned, that was one of the corners I cut
to get a working prototype but I will be addressing that in a release in the
not-too-distant future.

--
 - michael dykman
 - michael(_at_)dykman(_dot_)org