xsl-list

RE: [xsl] extension to insert XML into a db

2008-01-21 10:21:41
You could combine Saxon's sql:insert() with saxon:serialize() - first
serialize the XML into lexical markup, then insert it into the database as a
string.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Madunic [mailto:hajduk(_at_)imag(_dot_)net]
Sent: 21 January 2008 17:05
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] extension to insert XML into a db

I was wondering if there is an extension that can insert XML
into a db. I know of the SQL extension that comes with Saxon
but it only inserts strings and not the elements. I've been
creating CSV's and then using ANT with BCP to get content
that retains elements into SQLServer. It just seems to be the
long route.

Marijan (Mario) Madunic

--~--