xsl-list

[xsl] Using native XPath in IE with Javascript

2008-02-18 05:07:53
Hi,

From a posting back in 2004 by Dimitri Glazkov, speaking about IE (I
would be interested in the second case only):
   I mean, you can very much do XPath in JavaScript, except it can
only occur in two
   cases (that I know of):
   1) As call to an Msxml.DOMDocument object, created using the new
      ActiveXObject()   statement.
   2) If an HTML document was generated as a result of a client-side
XSL transformation
      from an XML file.
http://glazkov.com/blog/xpath-unleashed/

I've used XPath in Javascript for Firefox and Opera without any
problem (apart from learning), but did not find a single description
or documentation for IE (2nd case). Can anyone help me with a
pointer??

Manfred
http://documenta.rudolphina.org/