xsl-list

[xsl] FW: Variable changing and/or sequences

2008-03-07 10:51:52

XSLT v2
  Variables in a template can't be updated and so the use of recursion in
template calls with params with altered values is the current pattern of
choice.

 If I don't use recursion, is there a way to change a sequence?

  <variable name="list" select="fn:remove($list, xpath on list[(_at_)fp='X']">

 ah  heck  code example

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
version="2.0">
<xsl:template select="/">
    <xsl:variable name="nodelist" select="//files"/>
    <processed_set>
    <xsl:for-each select="/target/refer/set">
        <xsl:apply-templates select="."/>
        <xsl:variable name="tmpMatch" select="@path"/>
    </xsl:for-each>
         <the_magic_happens_here>
             remove each node in nodelist where attribute fp has value
$tmpMatch
         </the_magic_happens_here>
    <for-each select="$nodelist"><xsl:apply-templates select="."/></for-
each>
        <!-- so this is the set of  "files elements" nodes where @fp did not
match -->
    </processed_set>
</xsl:template>
<template et. al. />*
</xsl:stylesheet>

  I want to process the 2 set of nodes, one at time with for-each.
On the first nodelist <for-each select="/target/refer/set">, I
apply-template for the current node, and remove any node in the 2 set that
would match on criteria [identity, attribute match, what-ever]. When the
processing is complete, I want to <for-each> on the nodes that haven't been
removed.

Other than a pattern of recursion, what methods can I use to remove nodes
from a nodelist?

 == Kermit Tensmeyer