xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to mark every 5th output record.

2008-03-11 08:00:52

significant rework to the 3K lines of code I already have. I currently don't
use for-each, I use various forms of "template match"

often it doesn't need much of a change if you are doing

<xsl:appy-templates select="something"/>

to select a pile of them in parallel, instead do

<xsl:appy-templates select="(something)[1]">
  <xsl:with-param name="c" select="1"/>
</xsl:apply-templates?

to just process the first one, with a count of 1, and at the end of each
relevant template att an apply-template call to process the next in
line.

googling for   xslt sibling recursion  will turn up many examples,
including a thread from last month on this list.

Having said that, unless you _know_ you will hit memory constraints by
doing a second (or third) pass over the tree, that's easier to manage in
the long run.

David