xsl-list

[xsl] Looping through multiple elements

2008-03-18 07:31:09
Version:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/";
xmlns:dcterms="http://purl.org/dc/terms/";

Hi,

I am very new to xsl and need some help on a very short-term project. I
am working on a system that will output metadata in xml format and am
editing a xsl document that will conrtol what is output.

I have managed to amend the xsl file to generate the right output when
there is a single element. This is as follows;

<xsl:for-each select="//dc:description">
      <component group="description" name="value">
          <xsl:value-of select="."/>
      </component>
</xsl:for-each>

This is fine as there is only one piece of metadata stored in the
dc:description field.

What I am stuck on is looping through multiple elements and getting xsl
to write the values into a comma deliminated string.

For example, there are also these fields (dc:creator, dc:creator1,
dc:creator2, dc:creator3). I need to make the xml output for this
generate the xml below (the names are just examples)

<component name="value" group="creators">Smith, Jones, Black,
White</component>

If anyone can point me in thr right direction or to a useful tutorial it
would be great as I am not sure what termonology to really use.

Thanks.

Mark Jones
University of East Anglia
Norwich