xsl-list

Re: [xsl] xslt processing order

2008-04-16 04:48:11
Thanks,

I added the include to the xsl file and problem fixed.

Ilya.

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 11:40 PM, Manfred Staudinger
<manfred(_dot_)staudinger(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
Hi Ilya,

 >  Error on line 369 column 28 of
 >  file:/C:/cygwin/home/ilya/srcs/private/xml/first_stage.xsl:
 >   SXXP0003: Error reported by XML parser: The entity
 >  "usb_spec_ref_name" was referenced, but
 >   not declared.
 Before XSLT processing can start, both the input XML and the
 stylesheet have to be processed by the XML parser (get "parsed* into a
 node-tree). It seems the parser cannot find the line

 <!ENTITY usb_spec_ref_name "USB Specification">
 in first_stage.xsl, where it has found the entity. If you would
 include it (or preemble.ent) at the beginning of your XSLT it would
 parse.

 >  It seems like the error i got is some sanity validation before
 >  the actual transformation is started since it's happened very fast and
 >  the template is used at the end of quite big document.
 Correct, the XSLT gets parsed first. The XSLT processor acts on the
 node-tree, so it has done nothing up to that point.

 Regards,

 Manfred

 --~--