xsl-list

[xsl] SXLM0001 error occurred

2008-04-17 08:08:51
Hi all,

we used saxon 7 and java 1.4.2 for some transformations of xml files to
an xtg format for Quark Express
This works fine but we wanted to use the use-character-maps feature of
the newer version we upgraded to saxon9.0.0.4j
After the upgrade we received the following message.
"SXLM0001: Too many nested apply-templates calls. The stylesheet
<http://www.stylusstudio.com/videos/publisher1/publisher1.html>  is
probably looping.
Transformation failed: Run-time errors were reported"
This occurred on a line containing the <xsl:apply-templates/>
instruction within a the below mentioned template match:
<xsl:template match="al">
    <xsl:variable name="in.context"
        select="parent::opmerking|parent::structuurtekst|
            parent::wijzig-divisie|parent::tekst|
            parent::bezwaar|parent::divisie|
            parent::bijlage|parent::nota-toelichting|
            parent::algemeen|parent::artikelsgewijs|
            parent::wettekst"/>
    <xsl:if test="$in.context and preceding-sibling::*[1][not(self::kop
| self::al-groep | self::tussenkop)]">
        <xsl:call-template name="newline"><xsl:with-param name="element"
select="concat('voor-',local-name())"/></xsl:call-template>
    </xsl:if>
    <xsl:if test="not(parent::lid)">
        <xsl:text>&lt;P&gt;</xsl:text>
    </xsl:if>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
    <xsl:call-template name="newline"/>
</xsl:template>

Then we went back to version saxon 8.1.1 and the error disappeared.
I could not find any differences between the versions 8 and 9 other that
pointed directly into this direction (or did I miss them?)
Eventually I could fix the problem for saxon 9 by setting -Xss800k in
the commandline. Initially it ran with the default value for this
parameter.
Extra detail: On a Windows machine I did not get the error message but
on a Solaris machine I received the before-mentioned error. (both with
default values for the -Xss option)
Maybe somebody can explain why the error occurred.
Regards,

Peter Kester

Ing. P.A. Kester
Senior Consultant

Daidalos BV
Source of Innovation
Hoekeindsehof 1-4
2665  JZ  Bleiswijk
Tel.: +31 (0) 10 850 1200
Fax: +31 (0) 10 850 1199
www.daidalos.nl
KvK 27164984

De informatie - verzonden in of met dit emailbericht - is afkomstig van
Daidalos BV en is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit
bericht onbedoeld hebt ontvangen, verzoeken wij u het te verwijderen. Aan dit
bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.