xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Question on file references

2008-04-24 06:33:26
Hi,

  I think xml:base [1] would be a possible option.

felix

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlbase/

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Arian Hojat
<armyofda12mnkeys(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
Not sure if this is best forum for my question,
 but here goes.

 I have an xml file in one directory and an xml file in another directory.
 Both are the same html-like language. In this language u can do an
 'include' that gets the another xml file to create a merged document.
 A merge xsl transformation is first run on a file to see if it has
 other files to pull in.

 From this stage, another xsl is used to translate the merged xml file
 with FOP to xslfo/pdf.

 But for image references I have to manually copy over to the directory
 with the merged file. Otherwise since the 2nd xml file's image
 references are relative to its directory, the merged file doesnt know
 where it is. Anyone have an elegant solution to this?

 The xsl that creates the merged copy, should change the url to the
 image to be relative to it and also it would be nice to copy the image
 also to the new file's images directory.

 Thanks,
 Ari

 --~--