xsl-list

Re: [xsl] xsltproc/LibXSLT - non-compliance?

2008-05-01 02:59:54
Liam Quin schrieb:
On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 02:56:09PM +0200, Manfred Staudinger wrote:
What I posted in a parallel thread
http://www.biglist.com/cgi-bin/wilma/wilma_hiliter/xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com/200804/msg00515.html?line=8#hilite
may well turn out to be such a non-conformance.

Please report it on the gnom xml list for libxml/libxslt,
or using bugzilla, if it's a bug.

I'll take care of that.

I don't think that libxslt is particularly more or less strictly
conformant to the spec than other implementations I've tried.

I found an issue the other day and reported it as a bug.

http://www.biglist.com/lists/lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/archives/200804/msg00241.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xslt/2008-April/msg00027.html

I've yet to see a piece of software that's perfect; the questions to
ask are, is it good enough to use, and if I report bugs, do they get
fixed...

I'm happy with LibXSLT. I think it's much more than good enough to use.
I could never do anything like that. It's very fast. Although I've found
that depending on algorithm and input size (contrived examples,
however), Saxon 9 may be significantly faster.

http://www.biglist.com/lists/lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/archives/200803/msg00567.html

Anyway, for Perl, Python and PHP, there is only LibXSLT and Sablotron.
And maybe Xalan-C++.

As to bug reports and bugfixes, we'll see.

Michael Ludwig