xsl-list

[xsl] RE: Trouble with Excel spreadsheet using VB.NET to generate the XML

2008-05-06 13:05:35
Cheryl, did anyone respond to your query?

If this is .NET, you may have to simply take a few more steps. Explicitly
create an XmlWriter with an XmlWriterSettings object
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.xml.xmlwritersettings_members(VS.80).aspx),
 and make sure that the OmitXmlDeclaration property is set to false. It's not
clear to me how much control you have over the XML generation; I hope you have
complete control. If so, please investigate
XmlTextWriter.WriteProcessingInstruction Method
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.xml.xmltextwriter.writeprocessinginstruction(VS.80).aspx).
 Sorry about the broken URLs...

-----Original Message-----
From: Hewitt, Cheryl
[mailto:Cheryl(_dot_)Hewitt(_at_)legis(_dot_)wisconsin(_dot_)gov]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 4:34 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Trouble with Excel spreadsheet using VB.NET to generate the XML

I trying to create an Excel spreadsheet using VB.NET to generate the
XML.

The application queries a SQL database dependent on user selections via
a form with the results being output to Excel. The issue I am having is
that the generated xml does not have the following code at the top:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?mso-application progid="Excel.Sheet"?>

This is the generated xml I am getting:

<Workbook xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"