xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Page break help

2008-05-13 12:15:53
Sorry I didn't explain clearly; I find it very difficult to describe
this stuff without including the entire xslt/xml/pdf.

Why not flow the content? Well, actually I tried that too. When I
couldn't get the flow method to work, I thought it would be easier to
attack one problem at a time and using the grouping solution seemed to
be the "right" one. It sounds like you're saying I should go with the
flow.

If you flowed your content over the page breaks, you could flow your
following block naturally without any intervention.

When I attempted to do this, the content just ran off the end of the
page. I couldn't get it to start a new page. This probably has to do
with deeper structural issues with my stylesheet but I'm not sure where
to start looking for the problem.

And I also don't understand your requirement in that if, on the last
page, you need to break the items at the fifth one, then the
sixth and seventh one will be on the next page, which means it no
longer is the last page.

What I'm trying to say is that I can fit 5 records plus my content block
on a page. So, if there are more than 5 records (there can't be more
than 7 because it's the last group and 7 is my group size), put the
content block on a new page. I'm not actually breaking up the group, I'm
just testing to see if I can fit all the records in the last group plus
the content block on a single page. If not than insert a page break and
put the content block on a fresh page. Does that make sense?

Sorry ... I really don't find your requirement very clearly stated.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time describing it.

If you think that this method is not going to work then I'll go back and
try again to flow the content.

Thanks for the help,
Jeremy