xsl-list

[xsl] About xsl-fo features when printing same layout to different page sizes

2008-05-13 23:50:56
Hi Wendell,

Your answer really helps me to understand xsl-fo capabilities.

To check if I understood well,

1. There is no way (at least not easy or inmediate way) to flow text into a box
of x/y dimensions, and fit some text in that box, dropping the rest (I don´t
need to fit all the text).
2. If I have different sizes (size1, size2), I'll always need different xsl.
The relationship beetween the different xsl will be more complicated than just
resizing the block areas, page size and margins. (How much more?)

I really want to take advantage of the multicolumn, intelligent paragraph
layout, etc... that xsl-fo provides and this is not available in other
interactive layout applications (xhtml browsers).

Thank you again.

Curro

Confidencialidad
Este correo electrónico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo,
contiene información de carácter confidencial exclusivamente dirigida a su
destinatario o destinatarios y propiedad de Vodafone España. Queda prohibida su
divulgación, copia o distribución a terceros sin la previa autorización escrita
de Vodafone España, en virtud de la legislación vigente. En el caso de haber
recibido este correo electrónico por error, se ruega notificar inmediatamente
esta circunstancia mediante reenvío a la dirección electrónica del remitente y
la destrucción del mismo.

Confidentiality
The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is classified as Vodafone
España Confidential and Proprietary Information and solely for the attention
and use of the named addressee(s). You are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication is prohibited without
the prior written consent of Vodafone España and is s strictly prohibited by
law. If you have received this communication in error, please, notify the
sender by reply e-mail.